We provide a type 2 charging cable with our Jaguar I-PACE, which you can use for all fast and slow public charging. If required, an extra set of charging cables are located in the front bonnet.
All rapid chargers have a CCS cable attached which the I-PACE can also connect to. They’re simply an extension of the type 2 connector as picture below.
- Connect the plug to the electricity supply.
- Connect the charging cable to the car.
- Unlock the car.
- Make sure Park (P) is selected.
- Make sure the car’s electrical system is switched off.
- Open the charging port flap. The flap is located on the front left wheel arch of the car. With the car unlocked, press the right middle of the flap to gain access. If using the DC charge port remove the cap.
- The light next to the port will indicate the charging status (see the image below) and the cable will be locked in place.
- The charging process will begin.
- Press the unlock button on the key fob to unlock the cable from the port.
- Remove the cable from the I-PACE port.
- Close the charging port flap and cover the rapid charging port with the rubber insert.
- You can see how charged the car is in the central display.
How much is a full charge
A full charge (0-100%) will cost around £30 at a rapid public charge point. For faster charging speeds it’s common to refer to the 0-80% charge time as this maintains the lifespan of the battery and the final 20% takes longer to charge than the first 80%.
For further details about charging the I-PACE, please click here. If you need any help, open our app and start a chat. Our operating hours are currently Monday-Friday 9am to 6pm. Saturday-Sunday 7am to 9pm. If you have questions outside this time, just leave your details in the chat and we'll get back to you asap.