How to start
The process is the same as many automatic and fuel cars:
- Press and hold the brake pedal
- Push the start/stop button
- Select transmission, Drive (D) or Reverse (R)
- Release the brake pedal and you’re ready to go!
The I-PACE has a claimed WLTP range of 292 miles (WLTP is a lab based test). The real world range depends on your route, driving style and weather conditions. Strong acceleration, high speeds, mountain roads or cold weather will decrease your range. Find out more about the real world range with the Jaguar range calculator.
Here’s a few tips to maintain energy:
- Keep luggage as light as possible.
- Drive with the windows closed to reduce the car’s air resistance.
- Limit the use of car features. Read about range impact here.
- Check the traffic ahead to avoid the need for heavy braking. Read about regenerative braking here.
- Smooth and gradual acceleration.
- Maintain an average speed.
The main difference between electric and fuel cars is that you’ll need to charge at a charging point and it takes more time than filling up fuel. You can learn more about charging your I-PACE by checking out these questions:
If you need any help, open our iOS app or website and start a chat. Our operating hours are Monday-Friday 9am to 6pm, Saturday-Sunday 7am to 9pm. If you have questions outside of this time, just leave your details in the chat and we'll get back to you asap.