In the event of an accident, please stop the vehicle immediately, get everyone to a safe space and avoid taking any risks. Next step is to contact us in-app or via website chat.
If the vehicle cannot be repaired, we will (where possible) provide you with a replacement vehicle for the remainder of the rental period or, where that is not possible, refund you the charges paid for the remainder of the rental period. We will not charge you for the cost of recovery and/or repair if it was caused by our negligence or fault.
You should notify the police and describe the situation as fully as possible when you are asked to do so. You should get the names and addresses of everyone involved including witnesses and tell the police if anyone is injured or if there is disagreement over who is responsible. Do not admit that you are responsible. If you do, you may lose the benefit of insurance cover and be liable for any damage.
You or any authorised drivers will need to:
- Fill in a standard accident report form and provide a copy to us;
- Send us any notices or documents relating to any legal proceedings arising out of the theft or loss;
- Help us and our insurers in any legal proceedings, including allowing us to take legal action in your name and defending any legal action taken against you.
If the vehicle has been stolen, you must:
- Tell us as soon as possible and confirm this in writing as soon as reasonably possible;
- Report the theft or loss to the police as soon as reasonably possible;
- Give us back all keys.