As per our Terms & Conditions, you are responsible for any damage to the vehicle over and above fair wear and tear, and must pay our reasonable costs for bringing the vehicle back to the condition stated in the vehicle condition report up to the security deposit amount. Please click here for the deposit amounts per vehicle.
In the event of a claim between two parties, there is a process whereby the insurance companies involved work together to determine liability. Here's how this works in practice:
- If the accident or damage is deemed to be your fault, you are liable to pay the insurance excess, i.e. THE OUT charges your credit card with the previously authorised deposit in accordance with the damage value.
- Please note, if the damage amount is above the insurance excess value, then the full deposit amount is charged.
- If the damage is below the insurance excess value, then only the damage amount is charged and the deposit difference is reimbursed.
- If the accident was not your fault, unfortunately we have to capture the deposit until the liability has been established between the 2 insurance companies.
- If both insurance companies agree that you are not at fault, then the deposit will be reimbursed.
- If the insurance companies decide that you were at fault, then you are liable to pay the insurance excess, i.e. THE OUT charges your credit card with the previously authorised deposit in accordance with the damage value.