Anyone driving the vehicle must:
- Have a full UK, EU or International driving licence which is valid for the type of vehicle being rented.
- Be between the ages of 25 and 74 during the rental period.
- Not have been involved in two or more accidents in the preceding 3 years or in one accident with costs exceeding £5,000 (or equivalent in another currency) in the preceding 3 years.
- Not have any unspent motoring convictions.
- Not be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other substance which may impair their ability to drive the vehicle, or cause it to be operated illegally.
UK licence holders:
- UK driving licence must have been held for at least 2 years if the driver is aged between 25 and 29 years or at least 1 year if the driver is aged between 30 and 74 years.
- UK driving licence must have no more than six points arising out of minor convictions.
- UK driving licence must have no points arising out of major convictions.
EU and International licence holders:
- EU and International driving licences must have been held for at least 2 years if the driver is aged between 25 and 29 years or at least 1 year if the driver is aged between 30 and 74 years.
- Please note, an International driving licence (not EU) is only valid in the UK for 12 months: (i) from when you last entered the UK; or (ii) from when you became resident in the UK.
- A driver who has been resident in the UK for more than 12 months must provide a UK or EU driving licence regardless of nationality.